Just noticed that Terminal MFA tagged me with the “3s Meme.” As Filmmaker-Guy notes, I usually dodge most memes, mostly because I don’t want to obligate others to participate, but at his request, I’ll play along. Answers below the fold.
3 names you go by:
- Chuck, but you’ve probably noticed that.
- Dr. T, a name that some of my students chose for me one semester.
- My full name, on business cards, in journal articles, and other official places.
3 screennames you’ve had (besides blog psuedonym):
- sanssoleil, after one of my favorite movies, but I stopped using it because it sounded like I was depressed.
- all others, including chutry, are variations off the letters in my name.
3 physical things you like about yourself:
- my eyes are probably my best feature
- my legs, when I’ve been jogging
- my hair
3 physical things you dislike about yourself:
- my arms
- I’m a little overweight, but hoping that jogging will cure that
- I can’t think of anything else. My nose, maybe?
3 parts of your heritage:
- probably British, my family tree gets a little unclear about four generations back because my great-grandfather was an orphan
3 things you are wearing right now:
- white Pilsner Urquell t-shirt I got at a bar when I bought a pint of their beer
- blue plaid boxer shorts
- a pair of white socks
3 favorite bands / musical artists:
- Tom Waits
- Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy, aka Will Oldham
- Johnny Cash
3 things you want in a relationship:
- similar interests, including politics
- I’m usually single, so this is a difficult question
3 physical things about the preferred sex that appeals to you:
- full lips and/or overbite
- nice eyes
- dark hair
3 of your favorite hobbies:
- listening to music (live or on disc/radio)
- reading (I’d name movie-watching, but isn’t that part of my job description at this point?)
3 things you want to do really badly right now:
- travel abroad, haven’t been outside North America since 1991.
- figure out where I’ll be living in July
- have the extra cash to buy an iPod mini
3 things that scare you:
- death by water
- Atlanta drivers
- U.S. foreign policy
3 of your everyday essentials:
- coffee, lots of coffee.
- good conversation.
3 careers you have considered or are considering:
- writing fiction/novels
- I considered the Peace Corps when I finst graduated college.
- I once started a major in business to appease my dad, but never took that very seriously (I guess I would have gone into advertising).
3 places you want to go on vacation:
- Pretty much all of Western Europe, especially London and Paris.
- Prague. Jeez, I could name about twenty places I’d like to go.
3 kids’ names you like:
- I like all of the names my friends have given their children (there are at least three of them).
3 things you want to do before you die:
- make a documentary film
- travel to at least some of the many places I listed a few minutes ago
- write at least one book unrelated to my professional career
3 ways you are stereotypically a boy:
- I can be very competitive when it comes to board games and such. I actually don’t like playing those games for this reason.
- I write about “boy” stuff (science fiction and time travel)
- Huge sports fan: Like Filmmaker-Guy, I follow my favorite sports teams and obsess over stats, records, articles.
3 ways you are stereotypically a chick:
- I am not at all interested in how powerful your car’s engine is.
- I actually like shopping for new clothes (at least, when I can afford them)
- To be honest, I’m not sure I know all the stereotypes anymore (I haven’t watched Everybody Loves Raymond or Home Improvement in a while).
3 celeb crushes:
- Catherine Keener
- Jennifer Connelly
- Maggie Gyllenhaal
3 people I would like to see take this quiz now:
- Any three people who wish to take it. If you’re one of my celeb crushes, all the better.